We made a game to help us to understand what helps ice to melt. We rolled a dice and for each number that it landed on, we did different things to the ice.
- Number one was to hold it for 10 seconds
- Number two was to put it down your shirt.
- Number three was to blow on it for 10 seconds.
- Number four was to drop the ice cube.
- Number five was to put 10 shakes of salt on it.
- Number six was to float it
Here are the results of the ice cube game!
We found out from this experiment that putting salt on the ice was the best way of melting the ice cube. The next best method of melting the ice was to hold the ice cube in your hand. The heat from our hands helped to melt the ice!